Category Archives: sponsors
Hey Ribbon Rockers!
I hope everyone is doing well, I am writing this post to give you an update as of January 2013! I cant believe it is already the beginning of a new year! Time sure does fly by!
My goal for Let’s rock the ribbons, is to provide information and spread awareness on selected causes each month.
If you haven’t noticed, the last group of causes that are posted on LRTR’s website is November.
Starting February 2013, everything will be back to normal; posting monthly causes and information, spreading awareness, and sharing inspirational stories!
I am excited to say, there are going to be new things launching as well! One of those new things is an Online store! Where you can purchase T shirts, tank tops, and even boy shorts for the ladies ;-).
I am also talking to a couple awesome individuals who make special items, who would like to make special things for others to purchase, so you can rock your cause!
More information about that will be available shortly!
With that being said, if you have any ideas/designs that you would like to see on a shirt/tank top/etc., to help spread awareness for a specific cause(or multiple causes) PLEASE contact me! I’d love to collaborate with you!
**You would receive full credit for your design,as well as be named an official sponsor/contributor of LRTR!**
Also, I’d like to mention, if anyone would like to join the LRTR team; making items to sell for donations, create blog posts- inspirational stories/ important news/updates, help with website content, help with social media (twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram), and many other opportunities that are available… Please contact me as well! In order for LRTR to reach its full potential, I need a little help.
I apologize for not posting December and January’s causes and information. These past 2 months have not been easy for me, health wise. Things are looking better though, and I am ready to get LRTR back up and running!
If you would like to contact me in regards to anything I mentioned above, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. LRTR’s twitter is @urockyourcause! And our Facebook is Facebook.com/letsrocktheribbons … Please find us! And share what ribbon you rock! Remember! When you share, your making others aware!
Another important link is: http://www.gofundme.com/rockyourcause . That is a site for individuals to donate, so LRTR can receive our 501(c)3 status! This way, we can start to raise money for the major organizations that benefit the causes that affect you! As of now, LRTR is all informative.
Any amount is extremely helpful, every dollar counts! Even if you can’t contribute money… Spreading the word to others is just as meaningful, as well as helping in anyway you can.
Thank you so much for taking time and reading this update! I am really excited for LRTR’s future! I see many good things happening! And no worries, I will make sure to keep everyone updated!
I hope everyone has a fantastic week, and I look forward to hearing from you all!
And remember! Lets Rock the Ribbons! Where you rock your cause!
For those of you who weren't out stargazing this weekend (or those of you who were burdened with cloudy weather), fear not. You can still bask in the celestial glory of the annual Perseid meteor shower, which peaked in the early hours of Sunday, August 12. This time-lapse video footage shot in California provides a stunning look at the late-night stars along with bright flashes as meteors shoot through the sky.
Want more information about these posters? How you can get one, to benefit LRTR? How you can get a poster with a different picture? Etc?
Then go to www.gofundme.com/rockyourcause =) It’s all there!
ALL proceeds will go towards the start-up costs for Lets rock the ribbons! More posters with different images are coming! Keep a look out!
The photographer for this photo is Mark Weikert, an AMAZING photographer! check out his work at: http://www.darkphotographydesigns.com/ =)
Please help us help your cause!
10 WAYS TO RAISE AWARENESS EVERY DAY!
MAY is NATIONAL CELIAC DISEASE AWARENESS MONTH
- Share “Are You The ONE?” color brochure with friends and family who are unaware of celiac disease and its symptoms.
- Write your Congressperson and them ask to co-sponsor/support H. Con. Res 110 as Celiac Disease Awareness Month.
- Contact the health editor of your local newspaper and ask them if they know about celiac disease. Write them a letter and share your story.
- Read the latest on the Celiac Diet Series – articles from Practical Gastroenterology. Print out one of the articles and give it to your doctor, dietician or pharmacist
- Suggest that employees at your company have a “Pay $5 to wear jeans to work on Friday” to raise awareness and funds for CDF at your office.
- Request CDF brochures from the national office and ask your doctor and dentist to place them in their reception area. CDF brochures are also downloadable from our website: click here
- Request CDF brochures and Quick Start Diet Guides and give to teachers and healthcare providers at your child’s school or day care center.
- Find out if there is a health fair coming up in your town and offer to set up a table with information on celiac disease and how to get tested.
- Have a dinner party with your friends – celiacs and non-celiacs – and make a delicious gluten-free meal – complete with dessert! Show them gluten-free is fabulous!
- When you visit a friend or neighbor in the hospital, take the opportunity to talk to doctors, nurses, healthcare workers and dieticians to help increase their awareness of celiac disease and the gluten-free diet needs of celiac patients during their hospital stay.